Hey everyone. Been forever since the last official update (almost a full two months); so here's some of the news that you may have been waiting for (or not). A lot of exciting new prospects and expansions to the Alvena multiverse have been added; so let's have a look at some of them.
- The Races of Alvena page has received a lot of attention, and two new character options are now available for those with a monstrous bent. The cursed (or blessed) Drider and the enigmatic Doppelgangers have been adapted and posted for use as characters and NPCs for any level of adventure.
- Shadowcaster Beta is currently taking place. The Shadowcaster from the WotC book Tome of Magic is being playtested with the recharge mechanics from the 3.5 System Reference Document in a simple attempt to take an otherwise flavorful but underwhelming class and give them a bit more bite and uniqueness in their casting forms. If this mild playtest goes well, the class will officially be available as a player option.
- Similar to the Shadowcaster, the revised Psion, Psychic Warrior, and Wilder classes written for the upcoming Advanced Psionics Handbook will need some playtesting. I've been playtesting the Soul-Based Psychic Warrior which is previewed on the Expanded classes page and have had a blast; but there is much more to test, so if anyone is interested, drop me a line and I'll get you a copy of the latest revision of the classes.
- In an exciting time for Alvena, the Omas Region and its current lore have been refined slightly with the introduction of both King Kaldan Orison and Queen Aeleen Orison; likewise they have become the focus for an intrigue campaign: Royal Pain.
- Updates to the Feats and Traits page include both a new layout organization (with hide & reveal buttons to keep things tidy), and includes the very major revisions to the Cleave and Great Cleave feats; which allow martial warriors exceptional opportunity to fight multiple opponents at once. These revisions replace the Pathfinder versions of the Cleave feats. Anyone playing a warrior may wish to check them out.
- In the Equipment of Alvena section, the cost of Firearms have been quartered, and misfire chances have been removed for anyone possessing the proficiency feat. Likewise the feat to reduce the likeliness of a misfire has been removed. Otherwise unchanged.
More to come. ^_^